Business Studies VIVA Guidelines
Most students are concerned about whether they will be able to perform well. Although it may feel like a completely new challenge. It is indeed regarded as the most feared component of the whole examination but we have some tips for you to improve your performance:
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS for Business Studies VIVA Guidelines
- Appear neatly and decently dressed.
- Read your project carefully Know your project inside out. You should read your Project through before the viva with a critical eye. If there is anything that you have written that you are not sure about, or which you feel you might have justified more fully, spend time thinking about how you might respond if challenged on these aspects of your work in
- Be Confident – listen to the questions carefully and answer questions steadily and calmly without rushing
- Show etiquette -Do not enter the viva room unless asked , Greet the examiner – Good Morning/Afternoon Sir/Madam, Stand up until you are asked to take a seat, Say Thank
You when you leave the room
- If you do not understand a question, ask for it to be rephrased or ask for clarification, such as ‘I’m sorry, would you like me to tell you about…?’
- Never Argue with the examiner rather be polite
- If you don’t know say – I’m sorry Sir/Madam. Sitting quietly saying nothing is a waste of everyone’s time. Practice saying ‘I can’t recall’ (better than ‘I don’t know’)
- Keep your answers relatively brief and concise.
- Draw attention to things in your project that you particularly like, especially if they are not mentioned by the examiner.
- Hold your head up high. You have worked hard for this day, and you have every right to feel proud of your achievements
- Finally, hard though it may seem, do look as if you are enjoying the viva! The more you try to enjoy it, the better you will perform. Attitude is everything.
TOP TIP For Business Studies VIVA Guidelines
- Ask your friends who just came out of Exam room, about the questions they were asked.
Most examiners have same set of questions to ask for everyone.
SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS: Principles of management
You should know the principles and positive and negative impact of each and every principle
Brief history about Henri Fayol and F.W Taylor and their contribution in field of management.
You must be aware of features and importance of principles of management and how are they derived.
Which method of data collection have you used? Which branch have you visited? Was it easy for you to collect the data?
Read about your organization and the no. of employees they have, the levels and the no and level of employees you have enquired
Which principle is followed and how you observed this
Which principle not followed and how you observed this
Conclusion about your project
SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS: Business environment
1) Read and learn the chapter on Business Environment thoroughly
2) Be well versed with your topic chosen
3) You should be aware of the cause and effects of changes in business environment related to your
4) Any ideas suggested by you in project.
SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS: Stock Market
- Read and learn the chapter on Financial Markets thoroughly
- Brief history of stock exchanges
- Common stock exchange terminology
- From where have you collected the prices of shares
- Why you chose the 5 companies
- To which sector the 5 chosen companies belong to?
- What has been the movement of the stock market for these five companies during the
- Learn the amount of profit and loss earned for 15 days for each company
- Factors affecting share prices in general and related to your project
- List of at least 25 companies listed on a Stock Exchange.
SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS: Marketing management
- Read and learn the chapter on Marketing Management thoroughly
- Why have you selected this product/service?
- Name ‘5’ competitive brands that exist in the market.
- What permission and licenses would be required to make the product?
- What do you mean by [U.S.P.]?
- What are your competitors Unique Selling Proposition? [U.S.P.]?
- What is Unique Selling Proposition? [U.S.P.] of your product?
- Does your product have any range give details?
- What is the name of your product?
- Enlist its features.
- What is logo and tag line for your product?
- What is the selling price of your competitor’s product?
- What is the profit margin in percentage?
- How will your product be packed?
- Which channel of distribution are you going to use? Give reasons for selection?
- Decisions related to warehousing, state reasons.
- What is going to be your selling price?
- What are different ways of promoting your product?
- What means of transport you will use and why?
- What social message have you drafted for your label?
- What cost effective techniques will you follow for your product.
- What cost effective techniques will you follow for your promotion plan.
- Which marketing philosophy have you followed?
- What do you conclude about this project and what are your suggestions.
Leave a Reply